October 4, 2019 - Presented by Nebraska Crossing
In honor of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln's 150th birthday, we invite you to come home and celebrate 150 years of Grit and Glory at the Cornstock Festival presented by Nebraska Crossing. Cornstock offers a memorable evening for Husker fans of all ages. Festival activities will include performances by parade participants, live music from Hannah Huston, food trucks, games for adults and children, face painting, t-shirt printing, and more! There is something for everyone to get in the Nebraska spirit before the Huskers take on the Northwestern Wildcats on Oct. 5.
4:30pm - 9:30pm | Memorial Stadium East Plaza
Come celebrate 150 years with a pep rally, food trucks, games, music, and more!
- Festival Kickoff | 5pm - 6pm | Memorial Stadium Loop
- Help us kick off our new Cornstock Festival with Chancellor Green, Bill Moos, Fred Hoiberg and more!
- Parade | 6pm | Starting at 17th and Vine, ending at Memorial Stadium Loop
- Come watch student organizations, community groups, homecoming royalty and some special guests as they perform in our annual Homecoming Parade.
- Hannah Huston Performs | 6:50pm | Memorial Stadium Loop
- Check out a performance from Nebraska alum and The Voice finalist Hannah Huston!
- Pep Rally & Jester Competition | 7:00pm - 7:30pm | Memorial Stadium Loop
- Get in the Husker spirit and enjoy performances from Nebraska students.
- Huskaire | 7:30-8pm | Memorial Stadium East Plaza
- Catch a performance by Big Top Arts, a cirque-style acrobat group.
Learn more about the Free Parking for Cornstock!
9am - 4pm | Wick Alumni Center
Hop on a golf cart or join a walking tour to take in the beauty of all three of Nebraska's campuses: City, East and Innovation Campus. Reserve Your Spot.
Chancellor's Distinguished Lecture with Debra Kleve White
12:15pm | Morrill Hall
Learn more about the history Nebraska's school spirit at the Nebraska Lecture in Morrill Hall with a lecture from former-Husker cheerleader Debra Kleve White! Find more information about the series on the lecture website.
College Open Houses
1:30pm - 4:30pm
Check out your old stomping grounds (and new grounds!) See how the colleges and the student experience have changed during these open houses.
Participating College and Units:
- Jackie Gaughan Multicultural Center: 2:00-4:00pm
- Mingle with current students - refreshments available
- The Honors Program: 2:00-4:00pm at Knoll Hall
- Popcorn with the Patrices
- College of Architecture | 1-4:30pm
- College of Business - Time TBA
- College of Education and Human Sciences | 1:30-4pm
- All departments on City and East campus
- Nutrition and Health Sciences | 2-3:30
- Drawings of our new construction projects (Mabel Lee, Child Development Lab and Couple and Family Clinic, NIC Hotel, and the Barkley Memorial Center expansion) in The Hub located in Henzlik Hall
- College of Engineering | 1:30-4pm
- Visuals of the new project in Othmer Hall lobby
- N.E.A.T. Lab tours - the home to our additive manufacturing process and 3-day metal printers
- Refreshments available
- College of Journalism & Mass Communications – 1:30-3:00pm
Lawn Display Tours
1:30pm - 4:30pm
Take a walk along the university's Greek houses and check out their lawn displays! This year's theme is 150 Years of Grit and Glory.
Jackie Gaughan Multicultural Center Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
4:30pm - 5:15pm | Jackie Gaughan Multicultural Center
Join us as we honor a few of our outstanding multicultural alumni!
8pm - 11pm | Kauffman Great Hall
Join the LGBTQA Resource Center for a dance celebrating Homecoming. Come as you are, with whomever you’d like, wearing whatever you like!
Free public parking is available from 4:30pm - 10pm:
- Lot 1: Memorial Stadium Garage
- Lot 5: Between the practice fields and 14th & Avery Garage
- Lot 9: 14th & Avery Garage